geekpreacher.com

Category Archives: community

Newer posts →

The War on Christmas?

Yep, here I am actually blogging again and it’s the month of December when my life is crazy busy. For a geek, I really don’t blog enough but that’s probably because I spend most of my time talking in one … Continue reading

1 Comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 11:21 pm

Pastor’s Corner for September 2011

I have really been thinking about what to write for this article and it suddenly hit me. This month will be the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Many people are telling us that ten years ago our lives as Americans were … Continue reading

1 Comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 1:50 am

July Pastor’s Corner

Well, I’d hoped to put up my Pastor’s Corner every month but it seems June flew by and I did not put one on the website. However, I’ve been working on some thoughts for July and I thought I’d go … Continue reading

Leave a comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 4:53 am

Radical Inclusivity: Geek Style

Radical Inclusivity #geek style: You threw me in a trashcan when I was a kid, you made fun of me ’cause I sucked at sports, you called me “gay” and “fag” to make me feel bad. At times, I wished … Continue reading

Leave a comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 3:20 am

All You Need is a Little Patience

All We Need Is A Little Patience (Matt. 11:2-11; James 5:7-10) In today’s Gospel reading, we see John sitting in prison and hearing about the work of Jesus. It seems that John must be getting this message from his disciples … Continue reading

Leave a comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 8:32 pm

Dead Morality & Virtue

I thought I would put up this link to a YouTube video I did a while back since there have been a number of questions about the topic. If you’d like to make any comments, please feel free to do … Continue reading

Leave a comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 6:30 pm

GaryCon II and Old School Gaming

Well, my buddy Redd and I have driven up to Illinois to visit with my friend Jolly Blackburn and his wife Barb of Knights of the Dinner Table fame before heading over to GaryCon in Lake Geneva, WI. GaryCon starts … Continue reading

Leave a comment

Posted by The GeekPreacher at 4:19 pm

Newer posts →